Finding Inspiration


11/07/2016










I'm certain we all experience those times when we don't feel particularly motivated or inspired, and it can often be difficult to pull ourselves out of those phases. Thankfully, sooner or later some time will pass and we feel inspired by the world around us again. I sometimes feel this way about blogging, I don't always feel like I have exciting things to share and I don't always feel very comfortable standing in front of a camera.

I think it's easy to underestimate the time and effort that so many bloggers put into making their content look polished. So many bloggers that I follow make it look so easy! Sometimes when I feel uninspired, I find it helps me to just take a step back and return to what I'm meant to be doing a little later on, with fresh eyes. It's true that we are often our own worst critics. When I find myself starting to a bit overly self critical, I know it's time to take a step back and not let myself get too sucked in to social media and how I look online. After all, life is too short to let things like that get us down. I always feel that it helps to sometimes step outside of the social media bubble and tune into the world the world around me. For me, that is where the real inspiration can be found. In the films I love to watch, to the books I love to read, to meeting my friends face to face and hearing their stories. There are always new things waiting to be discovered.

Fashion is also very inspiring to me, especially wandering around vintage shops and imagining the stories behind each garment. I have quite a simple style but I am always drawn to more extravagant garments that I don't think I could ever pull off, I always want to know the story behind them. (Nerd fact about me: I love origin stories!) I do love browsing the high street but vintage shops just have so much more personality to them, and you'll never find the same thing twice.

Sometimes I find myself in a bit of a style rut, and often when this happens, I find that adding just one key piece can completely open up my wardrobe. I'm calling 2016 the year of denim for me, as it has quickly become the thing I purchase and wear the most! I think I've bought something like four denim jackets, three denim skirts and five pairs of jeans; which are all constantly rotating around my wardrobe. I think I have probably gone a bit over the top with my purchases, but denim is so classic, I know that much of what I bought this year will carry me through next year too. These denim overalls are actually from the ASOS sale, I got them for £9 and they are one of the best purchases I've ever made. They go with everything I already own and are so comfortable - perfect for uni too!

Hope you all had a great Halloween and a great start to your week so far. I'm going to get an early night and catch up on Planet Earth...

Karen x

Jacket & Bag - Vintage
Dungarees - ASOS
Socks - Topshop
Shoes - Dr Martens

Photographs by Rachael Gordon<3 p="">






Post a Comment

A Stitch To Wear © . Quinn Creatives .