A Perfect Pairing


2/19/2017







Lately, it seems that denim has become more popular than ever and jeans in particular have made a huge comeback with various trends thrown in for good measure. It's impossible to shop the high street without coming across frayed hems, cropped flairs and embroidered detailing on classic styles. I love it. I would honestly, very happily, live in my jeans every single day if I could do so without them falling apart or, you know, if life didn't require me to wear other things from time to time. I bought this pair of Binx jeans from Topshop a year or so ago on a whim, but never really wore them. Then all of a sudden straight leg jeans with frayed hems were EVERYWHERE and now these are my favourite jeans in my wardrobe. It's almost like, the timing just wasn't right for us back then, but fate brought us together and now we're in a beautiful loving relationship. You know what I mean? Yes? Let me know if I'm the only person who falls in love with her clothes please and thank you.

Let me tell you why I love this style of jeans. They go with everything, look effortlessly stylish dressed up or down, and in my opinion I think they look good on everyone. That's all I really want when I make any kind of investment purchase and I love how these look with my Dr Martens AKA my go to shoes. So it's only natural that Docs and jeans are a perfect pairing.

Anyway, moving out from this outfit, I thought I would give you a little update on what I've been up to. I've been really busy lately with uni work and at the minute we are doing an Illustration project designing a book cover for To Kill A Mocking Bird as part of a competition for Penguin. It's literally a dream! I've been trying my best to make some positive lifestyle changes lately, so hopefully I'll be able to balance work/study/blogging a little better. I guess these things just take time.

I'm not sure if I have ever mentioned this here before, but one of my favourite things in the world is going to the cinema alone. I LOVE IT. I'm a massive film nerd anyway and love going with friends, but there's something I really enjoy about spending that time alone. Choosing whatever film I want, having a free seat for my coat, not having somebody speaking to me during the film... it's pure bliss to me. If I ever feel a bit stressed at uni or working at home, I just nip down to the local cinema and see whatever I can. As it's awards season, there are so many great films out at the minute, and I've been going so much. If you follow me on Instagram you will probably have noticed that I'm kind of a little obsessed with La La Land (I mean, who isn't?) and I've been to see it one, two, three, four times. Yup. If you haven't been to see it yet, please forget all the reasons why, close this page immediately and go! Go before it's too late! It's truly fantastic. One of the best films I've ever seen. Four times.

I really want to start talking more about films on here because they are such a big part of who I am and what I enjoy. So I thought I would just start by recommending something really great I had seen lately. Apart from La La Land (obvs) I think my two favourite films from recent months have to be Paterson and Manchester by the Sea.

Paterson is so beautiful. It's not often you get to see a film where each character has so much unassuming goodness. It's slow and it's simple but it's also so delicate and poetic. Honestly, I left feeling really genuinely inspired to write again and like I wanted to be a better person. If that's not reason enough to watch it then I don't know what is. Oh wait yes I do. ADAM DRIVER. Are there any words? I have all the time in the world for that man. Just. Magic.

The other film I wanted to talk about - Manchester by the Sea - has lots of buzz around it right now because it's nominated for a bunch of Oscars. To be honest, I wanted to see it for ages but I kept putting it off because I'd watched maybe one too many films about grief lately and I thought it would tip me over the edge. And tip me it did! Although I cried absolute rivers when I finally went to see it, by myself of course, I would easily watch it again.  It's about living a real life, one that has been irreparably turned upside down, questions that won't be answered, loose ends that probably can't ever be tied. The acting is incredible and I really love how it's paced. I think it's a masterpiece. Although, this is why awards season is so confusing to me, because I was really blown away by Casey Affleck acting in this film yet I also completely fell in love with Ryan Gosling in La La Land (like everyone else I'm sure) so it's so hard to figure out who should win "Best" in the same category when they are so different. How can they even be compared?

If haven't watched any of these yet, please do! If you love films that make you cry and question everything then these are the ones for you. As always I hope you enjoyed this post and do let me know what your perfect pairings are or if you've been to see anything great in the cinema lately. I'm going to see Moonlight later and I already can't wait to talk about it!

Jumper & Blouse - Marks & Spencer | Jeans - Topshop | Shoes - Dr Martens
Photography by Rachael


2 comments

  1. The frayed jeans and docs pair perfectly together!

    http://rosewaterreflections.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the year of 2017. People around me suddenly begin to hang out with floral wrap dress.I'm feeling curious and suspicion at the moment:"Is this a thing now?"And here's my thoughts after research and the dress that I bought.

    ReplyDelete

A Stitch To Wear © . Quinn Creatives .