Returning to Blogging, Set Backs & Staying True


2/06/2017





Hello you, wonderful you! I know I've said this a thousand times already, but I'm going to say it again. From this post on I will be blogging regularly. I really will! It's hard to come back from a hiatus, to find the motivation, to know what people what to read. So please, tell me what you would like to see, whether it's more outfits, more beauty, more personal posts, anything. 2016 was a strange old year for me, and like a lot of people, I'm glad it's finally over. I'm looking forward to organising myself a bit better this year, so if anything bad or unexpected comes my way, I can be at least a little bit more prepared! It's sometimes too easy to get caught up in negativity and forget about the good that surrounds us, so I'm going to try and focus more on that and share it with you all here.

Self-confidence is still a work in progress for me, and I often feel anxious and worry about how my personality comes across online. I want to be my authentic self, so if I ever meet someone, I just seem like I'm the same person both online and in the "real" world. It's easy to get caught up in the pressure that comes with social media, but it's good to remind myself from time to time of how far I've come in terms of self-confidence. When I started this blog, I mainly focused on sharing outfits and writing a few paragraphs about why I lied my outfit. It's true that I still love to talk about fashion and personal style, but over the years I have opened up a lot more online about matters close to my heart and it feels more fulfilling to share more of my personality. After all, personal style is just one part.

Some of the most positive comments I've received have stemmed from the content I was most afraid to put out there. This has really encouraged me to stay true to myself. The online world has a bed rep sometimes for bullying/trolls, however, I feel very lucky that I have found a space where I can be myself more and more every day. It has been a great source of self development for me and I have met so many amazing people online. I really am so grateful to all of the people who have taken the time to engage with me and especially to those who have created lasting friendships with me. I have been lucky enough to get to know some incredibly inspiring and creative women online. I find that I am always drawn to those who are un-apologetically themselves and reflect their spirits and inspirations in their work. This reminds me that you don't always have to go with the crowd, you can completely be yourself and still succeed.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to sharing more with you all! Please do let me know what you would like to see more of. These photographs were taken by my great friend Rachael - you can check her blog here.

Cardigan & Jeans - Topshop | Top - M&S | Shoes - Dr Martens

Post a Comment

A Stitch To Wear © . Quinn Creatives .